Frequently Asked Questions
How do I use the filters?
The core of the Compfight experience is the filters and options: they help you satisfy your appetite for discovering and locating the images you need, in the most efficient way possible. Here is what each of the filters will do:
- Tags only will locate images using JUST tags (keywords).
- All text will locate images using ALL the text you input into the search field.
- Any licence will locate images that have any license.
- Creative commons will locate images that have been licensed through the Creative Commons including images available for commercial use.
- Commercial will locate ONLY images that can be used for commercial purposes in the manner outlined below.
- Show originals will show images that have an original image. Blue bars indicate flickr™ is holding an original. Linger your cursor over the image to display dimensions.
- Hide originals will hide the blue bars associated with original images.
- Only originals will locate ONLY images that have originals.
- Safe search will hide 99% of innapropriate content.
- Unsafe search will will show everything. Do not select unsafe unless you're of legal age, in a legal country, promise not to tell your mom, etc.
How do I correctly attribute an image?
We each have a unique appetite when it comes to how we intend to utilize images. To really take advantage of the Compfight experience, you will need to get familiar with the Creative Commons, and understand each license type. Please always double check licenses before use.